CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

  • CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

Search This Blog

March 06, 2015

IMAGINATION CRAFTS - PLANET EXPLORATION - CHILDRENS CARD

Morning all :) I hope everyone is well?

Apologies for the lack of posts recently, I am busy beavering away behind the scenes, but more so, my little business venture of selling my makes and wares has been going really well. Plus I've been doing lots of leg work on comparing prices and quality of lots of lovely suppliers. 

Also do you remember me saying about actually putting myself out there for teaching some craft techniques or colouring? Well I've also been sorting things out in that direction too and I am really excited as I have found a fab venue, close to home, with great facilities, so its looking more like a possibility for the very near future :)

Today I would like to share a tutorial for Imagination Crafts


I wanted to show just how versatile the bubble stencil could be and how it could be used to create something you wouldn't necessarily think of. I also wanted to show how much a 'Background' could make a card. So here is a fun and simple way to make a kids card, you could even let the kids have a play to do this themselves and create their own planet scene :)

Instructions (Please excuse phone photos)

1. Take some card suitable for distress inks and cover lightly in a colour of your choice. I used Squeezed Lemonade distress ink.



2. Using your Bubbles stencil, randomly add ink through the stencil, don't be too worried about how the ink applies as you want the circles to be varied throughout in colour as they would have different light falling on them if they were real planets :) I used Spiced Marmalade.




3. Still adding ink and moving the stencil around randomly, i added another colour - Fired brick





4. I used a couple of stamps to highlight a few of the circles created by the stencil




5. I used some of the Fired Brick Distress ink around the edges.



6. Using some space objects/rockets and sayings pop these on where you want them.



7. Mount onto black card to help the colours pop, before adding to your card blank.


You could even add an age or name somewhere on the card to personalise it, or if the Kids are making it, why not get them to draw on a few friendly aliens :)

Thanks for popping in :)

Follow on Bloglovin

I'd love for you to follow my little blog, you can either click the above link or use the google+ or google friends tabs in my sidebar, either way, thanks millions for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon
Hugs 
xx



Challenges entered:






2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Samantha, good luck with your ventures.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible! I just love the way you created that background!! Thanks for sharing it! And thanks for entering my challenge! Be sure to check my blog today!! Scrappy hugs, Connie Can Crop

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, all comments are much appreciated
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...